Town and Country Roofing believes that the most effective way to achieve long-term roof system performance is for the building owner to have a formal, long-term relationship with a professional roofing contractor. A professional roofing contractor:
- Understands local building practices.
- Understands different roof systems and can make recommendations concerning which type of system is best for a particular building.
- Has a trained and experienced workforce.
- Can respond quickly should a problem arise.
- Is well established in the community, so the owner understands with whom he is dealing.
- Understands the local business environment and knows how to complete the work.
Maintenance programs typically offer the following advantages:
- A maintenance program is an active consistent plan which can help to identify problems at their early stages, while they can be corrected and before they become larger nuisances.
- Regular maintenance can reveal and address sources and causes of leaks before they appear.
- A maintenance program allows for a planned, organized approach to management of a roof and allows time to prepare for the financial responsibilities of regular roof maintenance.
Building owners should take care in selecting a roofing contractor to perform the maintenance work.
|Why Worry About Roof Maintenance?
|Town & Country Roofing Suggested Maintenance Program (Note: This program is intended to address common conditions found on most homes)
|Keep a file of all records relating to this roof including:
|Conduct Routine Inspections
|At least twice per year the homeowner should perform a visual inspection of the roof. Note: Homeowners should not walk on asphalt shingles because asphalt is subject to tearing and scarring. Inspections should be performed from the ground, from a ladder set at the edge of a roof, or from another suitable vantage point. Homeowners should look for torn and/or scarred shingles, buildup of debris at the valley details, buildup of debris at the gutters, and the condition of the paint and caulking on flashings. At least once every three (3) years, building owners should hire the services of a licensed roofing inspector to perform a more detailed inspection.
|Inspect After Severe Weather
|Always inspect the roof for damage after sever weather such as hailstorms, heavy rains, high winds, etc.
|A licensed roofing contractor must perform all roofing repairs, including repairs for non-guaranteed conditions. All repairs performed should be in compliance with the manufacturers’ specifications and local building codes.
|Keep Roof Clean & Debris Free
|Always remove debris from roof such as:
|Keep Roof Flashings and Valleys in Good Condition: Homeowners must ensure
|All sheet metal flashings on the roof need to be properly maintained. Homeowner’s must ensure that sheet metal caulking, sealant, and asphalt sealant have no cracks or splits. All sheet metal flashings should also be kept painted so as to extend their life expectancy. All repairs should be done by a licensed roofing contractor.
|What Are Your Other Responsibilities?
Town and Country Roofing has been building long term relationships with our clients for over 30 years. Please contact us for all your roofing needs.
Call us today!
Town & Country Roofing
2155 Elkins Way, Suite H
Brentwood, CA 94513
Phone: (925) 634-7663 Fax: (925) 634-0890